iS Clinical Cleansing Complex – Should you Buy or Pass on this Cleanser?
This post will go over all of the pros and cons of using the iS Clinical Cleansing Complex including why it’s great for those with gentle skin, who should consider using it and the complete list of both inactive and active ingredients.
If you’ve been considering purchasing or using this cleansing complex then read this review before you buy!
What is the iS Clinical Cleansing Complex?
The iS Clinical cleansing complex is simply a gentle cleanser, but it has some interesting qualities and ingredients that make it particularly useful for certain people.
A cleanser is a word used to describe a type of face wash that is commonly used in a multiple step skin regimen to help men and women get superior results for their skin.
The first step in any skin care regimen is to help “cleanse” the skin, but it does much more than that.
Most of the time our skin doesn’t actually get that dirty, unless we put something like make-up on it.
Instead cleansers are used to help “slough” off the the dead skin cells and help prevent the “gluing” of dead skin cells to the oil on your skin and onto your face.
This combination is really what is felt to be at the cause of most cases of acne (although this isn’t entirely true either!).
One of the big problems with cleansers is that they aren’t well tolerated by people, especially those with sensitive skin.
Face washes and cleansers often have very powerful alpha hydroxy acids and other ingredients that are meant to cleanse the skin and exfoliate dead skin.
The problem is that these added ingredients often cause reactions, irritation, red skin and can even lead to more acne!
So what’s the solution?
The solution is to create a skin care product that can help slough off dead skin cells but that does so without actually irritating the skin.
And that’s exactly what the iS clinical cleansing complex is supposed to do.
But Does it Actually Work?
This is a tougher question to answer because each person has such a unique need for skin care products.
Your skin is going to be different than my skin which is different from your neighbors and so on.
This is why finding the right type of face wash that fits your complexion and oil production is so important!
In my experience, and as someone who has struggled with adult acne and who has probably spent thousands of dollars on skin care products over the years, I can say that this is definitely one of the better cleansers out there right now.
It’s gentle but still leaves your face feeling clean and refreshed.
It’s also not nearly as harsh as some other more powerful products such as those found in Obagi or PCA skin care lines.
Who should use this Cleansing Complex?
- People with sensitive skin
- People who have reacted with redness, itchy or flaky skin with other skin care products
- Adults struggling with adult acne
- Teenagers looking for a new cleanser
- Men who want a high quality cleanser to help keep their skin looking good
- People who want to get a head-start on their skin care regimen
- People looking for a relatively “clean” cleanser
- People who want a high quality supplement with more natural ingredients (and who want to avoid synthetic alpha hydroxy acids such as glycolic acid and salicylic acid)
- People looking for an anti-aging cleanser
Active ingredients (these are the ingredients that actually make the product effective) include:
- Sugar cane extract (a natural source of glycolic acid)
- White willow bark extract (natural source of salicylic acid)
- Chamomile flower extract (powerful anti-oxidant to help calm down the skin)
- Cantella asiatica (anti-oxidant which helps reduce damage to the skin and reduces irritation)
Inactive ingredients (these ingredients help stabilize the active ingredients)
- Disodium laureht sulfosuccinate
- Cocamidopropyl betaine
- Clyceryl cocoate
- Propylene glycol
- Camellia oleifera leaf extract
- Asiatic acid
- Madecassic acid
- Ascorbyl palmitate
- Tocopherol acetate
- Retinyl palmitate
- DMDM hydantion
- Iodopropynl butylcarbamate
In general you want to have as few inactive ingredients as possible because these inactive ingredients often cause irritation and redness.
Believe it or not (despite this long list) this is actually a relatively small amount of inactive ingredients compared to many other products!
Reviews & Where to Buy
iS Clinical products are generally only available from certain retailers which can make it difficult to find for some people.
That generally means you need to head into a local medical spa or dermatologist office to find it.
Luckily there are legitimate retailers who are “approved” by iS Clinical to sell on Amazon (just make sure you are purchasing from the RIGHT buyer).
Overview of iS Clinical Cleansing Complex
Why I Like it:
- Price – Price should be an important consideration when purchasing a cleanser and I like this one a lot because even though it’s high quality it doesn’t hit your purse too hard. It will also last FOREVER as long as you are careful not to use too much (by forever I mean at least 3-4 months). So when you calculate out how much you get for the price it ends up being a good deal.
- Quality ingredients – I think both the active and inactive ingredients are very important for any cleanser or skin care product. I like this cleanser because it uses natural sources of alpha hydroxy acids which helps you get results without the added irritation that often comes with those types of chemicals.
Why it works:
- Ingredients include: Willow bark extract(a natural and gentle exfoliator), sugar cane extract(natural and gentle form of glycolic acid to help reduce oil production).
- This combination acts to provide your skin with natural forms of both salicylic acid and glycolic acid which help exfoliate the skin, reduce oil production and deep clean your pores without inflammation or irritation.
- This product also acts as both a toner and a make up remover which means you can save on other products and not have to risk reacting to these products (remember that a complete skin care line must include a toner).
How to use it:
- This cleanser can be used in both the AM and the PM – I usually recommend starting with once a day usage (at night) and increasing to both morning and night if you need more of a boost. If you have sensitive skin or you experience redness easily then you can pick just am or pm (preferably after you shower).
- Can be combined with moisturizers but make sure you use the moisturizer AFTER the cleansing complex and only AFTER your skin is completely dry.
- I also recommend you combine this with active serum which naturally provides retinol and can seriously ramp up your skin care line. You can read more here.
Back to you
This cleansing complex is a great starting complex especially for those people who have irritable skin and for those adults who still suffer from occasional acne.
It will be gentle on your skin but strong enough to fight off oil production and help exfoliate!
But now I want to hear from you:
Have you tried this product before?
Did it work for you?
Why or why not?
Leave your comments below!